Our retail store is open to the public. We are a registered charity, so there is NO SALES TAX charged on the items we sell. Beacon House relies on the donation of goods from the community to support our operations. Sales from our retail store are used to manage our society and operate the food bank. Every dollar you spend in the retail store goes directly to helping those in need in our community.
PLEASE NOTE: We accept CASH & DEBIT ONLY.
Fill a small bag for $14.00 or a large bag for $20.00. Items can include clothing and any articles that are posted on the in-store board that day.
Items in good condition that we CAN accept for donation include:
- clothing, footwear and accessories
- purses, handbags, etc.
- wedding dresses, prom dresses and accessories
- housewares (dishes, pots & pans, utensils, etc.)
- ornaments, wall hangings and other home decor items
- small furniture
- small appliances
- books, magazines
- CDs and DVDs - undamaged, no scratches
- LPs - if jacket & record in great shape
- toys, games, puzzles
- Halloween costumes
- sporting goods and exercise equipment
Note: Items that cannot be accepted as donations must be disposed of by Beacon House at a cost of $75 per dumpster load, which is money that could, instead, be used to purchase food, maintain the site or contribute to salaries. Please help us keep our costs down by donating ONLY those items that we are able to accept. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Items we CANNOT accept as donations:
- Large furniture lg. sofas, Hutches, mattresses
- Large appliances e.g. freezers, stoves, refrigerators
- Microwave ovens over 5 years old
- Computers, printers, screens, televisions
- Baby cribs
- Broken small appliances
In short, please DO NOT donate anything that YOU would not pass on to a friend or relative to use or wear! Thank you for your cooperation. The less we have to dispose of, the more funds we have to purchase food.